District Mills provides a 30-Day Return Window (see Returns & Refund Policy) and the following limited warranty. This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser.
Please note that any warranty services or questions must be accompanied by the order number from the transaction through which the warranted product was purchased. The order number serves as your warranty number and must be retained. District Mills will offer no warranty service without this number.
District Mills warrants this product and its parts against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the original ship date. During this period, District Mills will repair or replace defective parts without charge to you.
Shipping fees incurred from returns for under-warranty service in the first 30-days will be paid by District Mills. All shipping fees both to and from District Mills following this 30-day period must be paid by the customer. All returns, both during and following the 30-day period, must be affected via the Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service described below.
All original parts (parts installed by District Mills at the original system build) replaced by District Mills become the property of District Mills. Any after-market additions or modifications will not be warranted. The product owner is responsible for the payment, at current rates, for any service or repair outside the scope of this limited warranty.
District Mills makes no other warranty, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description, with respect to these products other than as set forth below. District Mills makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, with respect to any other manufacturer’s product or documentation, its quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description.
Except as provided below, District Mills is not liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage that may result from use or inability to use the products. Under no circumstances shall District Mills be liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage exceeding the purchase price of the products.
The warranty and remedies set forth below are exclusive and in lieu of all others, oral or written, expressed or implied. No reseller, agent or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this warranty.
The above Limited Warranty is subject to the following conditions:
This warranty extends only to products distributed and/or sold by District Mills. This warranty covers only normal use of the products. District Mills shall not be liable under this warranty if any damage or defect results from (i) misuse, abuse, neglect, improper shipping or installation; (ii) disasters such as fire, flood, or earthquake; or (iii) service or alteration by anyone other than an authorized District Mills representative; (iv) damages incurred through irresponsible use.
You must retain your bill of sale or other proof of purchase to receive warranty service.
No warranty extension will be granted for any replacement part(s) furnished to the purchaser in fulfillment of this warranty.
Thirty-day Return Window does not include special order merchandise or shipping and crating fees.
Return of Non-Defective Products
A non-defective product may be returned to District Mills within thirty (30) days of the invoice date for a refund of the original purchase price with the following amendments/fees:
- District Mills will refund neither the original shipping and crating cost nor the shipping and crating fees incurred from the products return. If the original purchase was made under a “Free Shipping” promotion, then a standard $50 fee will be deducted from any return in counter to that offer.
- No refund will be granted for products which have been altered in any way which jeopardized District Mills ability to remarket or resell the product. District Mills maintains full discretion in decisions regarding a products fitness for return.
- Any non-defective returns are subject to a 10% restocking fee, which percentage will be deducted from your refund.
- Quantity purchases of five systems or more are not eligible for return.
- To return a defective product, please contact our Customer Service Department for product return instructions.
Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service
If repairs are required, services are rendered by District Mills only. Any shipping costs after 30 days (starting from the original date of purchase) on any item returned for repair is the customers’ responsibility. All returned parts must have a letter detailing the problems and a copy of the original proof of purchase. No COD packages will be accepted.
Should you have any problems with your product, please follow these procedures to obtain the service:
- 1. If the product must be repaired, please follow the instructions given by District Mills’ support staff to ship your product.
- 2. Pack the product in a well-protected crate, as outlined in the Return Shipping Instructions. District Mills will not be responsible for shipping damage/loss of any product outside the original 30-day District Mills-paid service period. Ship the product with a copy of your bill of sale or other proof of purchase, your name, address, phone number, and description of the problem(s) to:
2860 E. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90023
- 3. Upon receiving the product, District Mills will repair or replace your product (at District Mills’ discretion) and will ship it back to you within 2 weeks (dependent on parts availability) via UPS.
- 4. Cross-exchange (Parts only): You will need to provide a valid credit card number as a deposit guarantee. Once approval has been obtained on your credit card, the part(s) will be shipped via UPS. You will need to ship defective part(s) back to District Mills within 15 days to avoid charges to your credit card. If such charges are incurred, the shipped part(s) will be billed at the then current price.
- 5. District Mills will pay for shipping to and from the customer only within the first thirty days following the original product ship date. Following this 30-day period, all shipping fees, both for under warranty and post warranty repairs, are the sole responsibility of the customer. The customer also assumes full liability for losses or damages resulting from shipping as well as all responsibility to pursue remuneration for such issues with their selected carrier.
Post Warranty Repair
For post warranty repair, the procedure is the same as outlined above. However, you are responsible for shipping charges both ways, current labor ($75 per hour if not under warranty), and the current price of part(s) used in repair.
District Mills accepts no liability for problems caused by after-market hardware modifications or additions. District Mills is not responsible for giving any technical support concerning the installation or integration of any hardware or component the customer did not pay District Mills to install. District Mills is not responsible for any loss of work (“down time”) caused by a product requiring service. This warranty is null and void if the defect or malfunction was due to damage resulting from operation not within manufacturer specifications. It will also be null and void if there are indications of misuse and/or abuse. District Mills has the option of voiding the warranty if any one other than District Mills staff attempts to service the product. District Mills will not warrant any problems arising from an act of God (lighting, flooding, tornado, etc.), or problems arising out of hardware or additional devices added to complement any product bought from District Mills. Under no circumstances will District Mills be responsible for any refund or remuneration exceeding the original purchase price of the product less any shipping fees. District Mills will not be held responsible for typographical errors on sales receipts, repair tickets, or on our website. District Mills makes every effort to make sure all information on our website is correct.